20 questions to ask before your Nashville, TN facelift
When you’re going on consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in Nashville, TN, about an upcoming facelift, it really helps to have a list of questions ready.
Here are several points of discussion to broach with your prospective board certified plastic surgeon.
1. What boards are you certified by? (ASAPS and ASPS are both great answers!)
2. Were you specifically trained in the plastic surgery field?
3. Do you have hospital privileges and if so in what hospitals?
4. What percentage of your practice is devoted to facelifts or facial plastic surgery?
5. What training does the attending staff have?
6. Where do you get most of your patients from?
7. Am I a good candidate for a facelift?
8. Are there less invasive or even non-surgical techniques that could fulfill (or perhaps partially, but adequately, fulfill) my needs?
9. Can you describe an excellent, average, and poor outcome from this treatment?
10. Can I see before and after photos of facelifts you have done?
11. Can I talk to your previous patients about the surgeries they’ve had done?
12. Are the facilities you use nationally accredited?
13. Do you use board certified MD anesthesiologists?
14. What procedures are in place to deal with an emergency?
15. Will I see you during every visit?
16. How long will my surgery last?
17. What lab tests and health clearances are required before I have this surgery?
18. What are possible complications after a facelift?
19. How often do these complications occur?
20. Are you easy to get a hold of after surgery if I have questions or concerns?
Then a little bit of homework:
A. Go onto the medical board website for your state. You may be surprised.
B. Google the doctor. Not scientific, but you may also be surprised.
C. Go on the website to check the board certification (i.e. surgery.org)
D. Call the hospital to confirm privileges
E. Call your internal medicine doctor and ask his opinion
Do your homework about a possible facelift surgery and then give us a call in Nashville, TN. We promise to take care of you and make sure you get the right results for you.